Basic Package – Wall Street Prep
Basic Package by Wall Street Prep teaches you the crucial basics to build a 3-statement model from scratch. The best practices and a standard process will be what you can expect through 13 chapters of this course.
Basic Package by Wall Street Prep presents the process of building a 3-statement model from A to Z. Through this course, you can input historical data and assumptions about financial statements to develop an efficient model. It serves as a solid foundation for financial statement modeling.
Chapter 1: Overview
- Excel Settings for Modeling
- Keyboard Shortcuts
- The Boost Excel Add-In
Chapter 2: Financial Modeling Best Practices
- Formatting Conventions
- Modeling Best Practices
- Naming, Linking & Deleting Cells
- Model Structure
Chapter 3: Preparing for the Case Study
- Gathering Documents for Modeling (the “PIB”)
- Apple Case Study Introduction
Chapter 4: The Income Statement
- Modeling the Historical Income Statement, Part 1
- Modeling the Historical Income Statement, Part 2
- Introduction to Forecasting
- Segment-Level Revenue Forecasting
- Operations Forecasting
Chapter 5: Forecasting the Balance Sheet: Working Capital
- Inputting the Historical Balance Sheet
- Working Capital Forecasting & Roll-Forward Mechanics
- Accounts Receivable, Part 1
- Accounts Receivable, Part 2
- Accounts Payable
- Accrued Expenses & Deferred Revenue
Chapter 6: Long Term Assets & Liabilities
- Intangible Assets
- Modeling Intangible Assets
- Modeling PP&E
- Other Balance Sheet Assets
- Modeling Other Current Assets
- Deferred Tax Assets
- Deferred Tax Liabilities
- Other Liabilities
- Modeling Deferred Taxes & Other Balance Sheet Items
Chapter 7: Debt
- Modeling Debt
Chapter 8: Balance Sheet Equity
- Capital Stock
- Modeling Capital Stock
- Treasury Stock
- Modeling Treasury Stock
- Retained Earnings and OCI
- Modeling Retained Earnings
- Modeling Other Comprehensive Income
- Linking Schedules Back to the Balance Sheet
Chapter 9: The Cash Flow Statement
- Cash Flow Statement Introductions
- Review: The Cash Flow Statement
- Cash From Operations
- Modeling Cash from Operations
- Cash From Investing & Other Financing Activities
- Modeling Cash from Investing & Other Financing Activities
- The Lemonade Stand
Chapter 10: The Model Plugs: Revolver & Cash
- Understanding the Role of the Revolver in Financial Models
- Modeling the Revolver
- Modeling Interest Income
- Dealing with Circularities in Financial Models
Chapter 11: Earnings Per Share
- Modeling EPS
Chapter 12: Finishing Touches
- Integrity Checking & Balancing the Model
- Sensitivity Analysis Using Data Tables
- Scenario Analysis
Chapter 13: Deeper Dives
- Depreciation Waterfall
What Will You Learn?
- Effective Excel shortcuts and functions in financial modeling.
- Best practices of Excel settings and formatting in financial models.
- The creation of model plugs via the revolver and cash sweep.
- How to handle circularities in the model.
- How to develop a fully integrated 3-statement model through the established projecting and schedule conventions.
- How to balance the model and insert automatic checks.
- How to conduct powerful sensitivity and scenario analysis.
- How to detect errors, accuracy, and integrity of models.
Who Is This Course For?
Basic Package by Wall Street Prep is for those who are interested in making a financial model for banks and want to build up a strong base of fundamentals.